SQIFF is proud to announce our 2023 programme of films, art installations, workshops, and more, at CCA, Glasgow from 26th-30th September 2023.
(Tending) (to) (Ta) directed by April Lin, programmed in partnership with Take One Action
Image description: Two people in a dreamy like scenery entangled into each other.
The SQIFF 2023 programme is now live and we have some amazing films, installations, and events lined up for you that will be held in person at the CCA (Centre for Contemporary Arts) Glasgow from 26th-30th September.
- Our Opening Night Shorts showcasing home-grown queer filmmaking talent from Scotland.
- A South Asian lesbian shorts collection hosted by Neha Apsara in partnership with Begana.
- The 1988 documentary ‘Sex Change: Shock! Horror! Probe!’ presented by Jaye Hudson followed by a discussion with its pioneering director, Kristiene Clark.
- A classic film night featuring the extraordinary 90s black comedy drama ‘Nowhere’ by Gregg Araki.
- A workshop in cameraless 8mm filmmaking for trans and non-binary people.
- Art installations by members of Queer Youth Arts Collective showcasing young queer talent from Inverness, and Nicole O’Reilly and Luke ‘Luca’ Cockayne with a multi-sensory exploration of radical trans-sensuality, eroticism and autonomy.
- A craft fair with local queer artists.
- A massage space by Cool Amber Massage to keep us relaxed.
- Our closing night party in collaboration with Bonjour with a fully BIPOC line-up.
Check out the full programme here!
Tickets can be booked online in advance or bought at the box office at the CCA. Tickets must be collected 20 minutes before the start time, or they will be made available at the door. Tickets for most events are on a sliding scale of FREE, £2, £4, £6, £8, or £10 so you can choose what to pay based on your circumstances. If you can afford more, it helps us to have free or cheap tickets for those who most need them and to keep supporting queer filmmakers.
Check out all the events and book your tickets in here.
You can also book tickets in at the CCA Box Office in person or by calling 0141 352 4900. If you work for a charity or community organisation and would like to bring a group, please contact email@example.com to reserve free tickets.
We will provide a range of access measures to ensure our screenings are as accessible as possible. If you have any questions about accessibility, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our access team on 07873 331 036 from 10-5pm Mon-Wed from now until the festival, and from 11am-11pm daily during the festival.
Read about accessibility at SQIFF 2023 here.
SEE YOU THERE?
The whole SQIFF team is really looking forward to seeing lots of faces new and old at CCA 2023. Let us know if you need anything and we’ll see you there!
Team SQIFF x