- This event has passed.
An Unashamed Claim to Visibility
April 26, 2018 @ 7:00 pm - 9:15 pm£8
As queer communities strive to embrace intersectional politics, those with a disability or functional diversity are often left behind. This programme presents an exciting selection of work by and about functionally diverse filmmakers exploring the intersections of queerness and disability. Followed by a discussion with guest speakers to be announced.
Ages 18+ only.
Content note: discussion of violence, including sexual violence.
Ticket prices are on a sliding scale. Choose between free, £2, £4, £6, or £8 depending on what you can afford. No proof of your situation will be asked for. To book, please use the button below or call CCA box office on +44 (0)141 352 4900.
[bra_button text=’Buy Tickets’ url=’https://ccaglasgow.ticketsolve.com/shows/873590172′ target=’_blank’ size=’medium’ style=’rounded’ color=’pink’]
6.45pm – doors to Theatre open
7pm – event starts, short introduction from host followed by short films (81 minutes running time)
8.30pm – access break
8.45pm – discussion
9.15pm – event ends
– venue has level access at Sauchiehall Street entrance with Theatre on 1st floor accessible via a lift
– accessible and gender neutral bathrooms on ground, 1st, and 2nd floors
(Please note there is currently redevelopment on Sauchiehall Street meaning some disruption to accessing the main doors – contact the venue on 0141 352 4900 or firstname.lastname@example.org
– closest blue badge spaces to CCA are currently on Blythswood Square when approaching from Douglas Street or West George Street
– detailed venue access information can be found here: http://cca-glasgow.com/
– we have a limited fund to assist with travel for those who require this for any reason to be able to attend
– large print versions of handouts available
– films mostly in English language with one film in German language
– audio description for films available – please ask for a headset at CCA box office when you arrive
– films have English language captions or subtitles
– hearing loop at box office and in the Theatre
– BSL interpreter for introduction and discussion
– limited comfy seating (beanbags at front of Theatre) available
– Theatre will be no more than two thirds full of people
– relaxed event with people welcome to make noise and move around
To request travel costs, book a beanbag or a seat in the front row or if you have any questions about access, please contact Helen on email@example.com or by calling or texting 07735 273 245 (if calling, please do so Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm). SQIFF volunteers will be available during the event if you have any questions or anything we can help you with.
Part of a Queer Film Network (QFN) tour. QFN is a strategic Film Hub Wales project and receives support from the BFI Film Audience Network.